The Curbside Ordering Process
- Place holds through our library catalog or call 815-544-3838 during regular business hours.
- Distance learner card holders can only place holds on items belonging to Ida Public Library.
- Families should place orders together.
- Please limit curbside pickup orders to once per week.
- Requests for specific items can be made, but they may not be available during this time.
- Would you like library staff to select items for you? Request a book bundle.
The Pickup Process
- When your holds are available, you will receive a phone call or email from PrairieCat.
- Within 7 days of notification, please visit the library. No appointment necessary.
- Upon arrival, park on Madison street, next to the main, outdoor stairs and call 815-544-3838. Patrons without cell phones should call the library before leaving home. Do not exit the vehicle.
- If there is a line, please pull into a parking space, call, and tell the staff where you are parked.
- Open the vehicle trunk or roll down a window to receive materials. A staff member will place items in the vehicle without person-to-person contact.
- Staff will not engage in extended conversation or contact with patrons.
The Return Process
When it’s time to return your books, please use the outdoor or new indoor dropbox (downstairs, near Youth Services.) Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours, so don’t be alarmed if they are not checked in right away. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated, so no fines will accrue.
Just like curbside item pick up, curbside printing, will be available during the library’s normal business hours. Find all of the details HERE.