The Curbside Ordering Process
The Pickup Process
- When your holds are available, you will receive a phone call or email from PrairieCat.
- Within 7 days of notification, please visit the library. No appointment necessary.
- Upon arrival, park on Madison street, next to the main, outdoor stairs and call 815-544-3838. Patrons without cell phones should call the library before leaving home. Do not exit the vehicle.
- If there is a line, please pull into a parking space, call, and tell the staff where you are parked.
- Open the vehicle trunk or roll down a window to receive materials. A staff member can place items in the vehicle without person-to-person contact or hand to you.
The Return Process
When it’s time to return your books, please use the outdoor or new indoor dropbox (downstairs, near Youth Services.) Returned items will be checked in the next business day. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated, so no fines will accrue.
Just like curbside item pick up, curbside printing, will be available during the library’s normal business hours. Find all of the details HERE.