The mission of the Ida Public Library Volunteer Program is to encourage and expand the involvement of our community within the library.
Those interested in volunteering at the Ida Public Library must complete and submit a Volunteer Application. The application will be reviewed and processed in a timely fashion. The Assistant Director will then contact the applicant to schedule them for orientation. Listed below are the guidelines and policies for volunteering at Ida Public Library:
- The minimum age to volunteer is 16.
- Written parent/guardian permission is required for volunteers under the age of 18.
- Library staff has the right to terminate any volunteer if the situation merits.
- Library staff will provide letters of reference if requested within a 2 day notice.
- The Library will not accept Court Mandated Community Service hours.
Tasks That May Be Performed:
Assisting staff with projects
Grounds keeping and community garden tasks
*Shelving and shelf reading duties may only be completed after passing the Shelving Test. Please inform the Assistant Director if you do not wish to take the Shelving Test.
Please submit all Volunteer Applications by email to Lauriem@idapubliclibrary.org or in person at the Adult Services Desk.