- Full Time Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: $55,500/year, IMRF, plus benefits
The Ida Public Library Board of Trustees is seeking an enthusiastic team leader with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving skills, and a desire to serve and promote our Carnegie Library and foster positive community and staff relations. This city library serves a growing population of over 25,000 people and has an annual operating budget of over $800,000.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and evaluates the operation of the library.
- Develops, implements, and administers library policies and procedures upon approval of the library board.
- Formulates and develops library goals and objectives and plans library services to meet them.
- Promotes and publicizes library services and programs.
- Supervises all library staff. Implements board personnel policies and is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new employees, and for evaluating performance and making termination decisions for all staff.
- Implements regular staff meetings.
- Prepares an annual budget and administers and monitors the expenditure of funds.
- Negotiates all library agreements for services and purchases, presenting all contracts and recommendations to the library board.
- Oversees fundraising activities for the library, including writing grant proposals and assuring successful completion of grant projects.
- Is responsible for collection development and collection management.
- Prepares monthly financial, circulation, department, and program reports for the library board.
- Attends all regular and special meetings of the Library Board of Trustees.
- Maintains active involvement by the library with Belvidere City Council.
- Represents the library at meetings and conferences of county, state, regional, and national professional library associations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patron records and transactions.
- Maintains library equipment inventory records.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university or another advanced degree is desirable but not required.
- At least 4 years successful experience in a public library setting. 2 of those 4 years in a supervisory or administrative capacity preferred.
Individuals interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume that addresses identified qualifications and applicable experience and skills. Applicants should also provide three professional references that are familiar with the applicant’s job performance and potential success in this position. Include name, position, email address, and phone number for contacting references.
Please send your cover letter, resume and references to Sue Holmes, President of the Board of Trustees, Sueboard@idapubliclibrary.org. (Email preferred)
May 3, 2021
If you would like to be considered for future positions, you may submit an application to be kept on file for 6 months. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to the library, or delivered in-person.