the library is open to the public
We are happy to welcome you back inside the library. In order to protect our small patrons, we require a mask covering the nose and mouth while visiting the library indoors.
10AM – 7PM: Monday – Thursday
10AM – 6PM: Friday
10AM – 2PM: Saturday
*Please note our new, earlier closing time of 7PM on Monday – Thursday.
What to Expect when You Visit the Library
- Face coverings, worn over your nose and mouth, are required for everyone over the age of two while inside the building.
- We have a limited number of masks available. (Just ask for one!)
- If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, please call the library prior to your visit so we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Items can be checked out at the main circulation desk on the upper floor, the children’s circulation desk on the lower floor, or at either of our self-service kiosks.
- We will continue to offer curbside pickup.
- Books may be requested from other PrairieCat libraries, but expect to wait longer than normal for holds to be fulfilled.
- When it’s time to return your books, please use the outdoor book drop or the new indoor drop-boxes, located on the lower level. Staff cannot accept returns from patrons.
- Library late fines were reinstated on June 1, 2021. A one day grace period is allowed on all returned materials. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated to the last open library day.
computers, Copying & Faxing
- No appointment is necessary for computer usage. Your library card number is your sign on id and the last 4 digits are your password.
- Guest use computer passes are available at the upstairs circulation desk for $1.00 per day.
- A quarterly computer use library card is available for $5.00 per quarter.
- Self-service copying, faxing, and printing is available. Printing cost is 25 cents per color page, 15 cents per b/w page. Faxes are $1.00 per page. No library card is required.
- Notary service is not yet available as we await licensing fulfillment.
Programming & Meeting Spaces
- At this time, we do not offer indoor programs.
- We offer a large selection of all-ages virtual programming and outdoor programs.
- No mask is required for outdoor programs.
- Check out our Summer Program Guide HERE.
- The meeting room is closed until further notice.
- At this time, the library does not accept book donations due to storage issues.
- Please do not drop off boxes and bags of books in our lobbies. We do not have space for them.
- Please call the library if you would like suggestions on where to bring your used books.