The library is reopening on
Monday June 22, 10 AM
We are happy to welcome you back to the library. At this time we’re offering limited services to reduce contact and close interactions to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
New Library Hours
10AM – 4PM: Monday, Tuesday
1PM – 7PM: Wednesday
10AM – 4PM: Thursday, Friday
CLOSED: Saturday, Sunday
Temporary Library Cards are available until July 1st.
What to Expect when You Visit the Library
- Face coverings are required for everyone over the age of two while inside the building. We have a limited number of masks in both children’s and adult sizes. (Just ask for one!)
- Please enter and exit the library through the ground floor entrances only.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sitting, work, and play areas are closed. Please don’t linger after you have your materials.
- Public restrooms and drinking fountains are unavailable.
- Building occupancy is limited. Staff will monitor capacity.
- Items must be checked out at the main circulation desk on the upper floor.
- Books may be requested from other PrairieCat libraries, but expect to wait longer than normal for holds to be fulfilled.
- When it’s time to return your books, please use the book drop. Staff cannot accept items from patrons.
- All returned materials will be quarantined for 3 days, so don’t be alarmed if they are not checked in right away. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated, so no fines will accrue.
Computers, Printing & Faxing
- Computer usage is limited to one hour a day.
- To use a computer, please register at the circulation desk.
- In order to maintain social distancing, staff is unable to assist with the computers, printing and faxing.
Programming & Meeting Spaces
- In lieu of in-library events, we’ve planned a summer filled with virtual fun.
- Please check the summer program guide for a listing of all adult, teen and children’s programming.
- The meeting room and study room are closed until further notice.