Illinois continues to require masks during Phase 5 for educational institutions and organizatons serving a large number of children. Since Ida Public Library fits those guidelines, we will also continue to require masks for anyone entering the building. We realize this is inconvenient for many of you, but we are protecting our small patrons. If you no longer possess a mask, we can provide paper masks. We will also continue to provide curbside services to anyone who cannot wear a mask indoors due to medical or other reasons. Ida Public Library will exercise its right to refuse service to anyone without a mask.
10AM – 7PM: Monday – Thursday
10AM – 6PM: Friday
10AM – 2PM: Saturday
*Please note our new, earlier closing time of 7PM on Monday – Thursday.
hat to Expect when You Visit the Library
- Face coverings, worn over your nose and mouth, are required for everyone over the age of two while inside the building.
- We have a masks available. (Just ask for one!)
- If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, please call the library prior to your visit so we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Items can be checked out at the main circulation desk on the upper floor, the children’s circulation desk on the lower floor, or at either of our self-service kiosks.
- We will continue to offer curbside pickup.
- Books may be requested from other PrairieCat libraries, but expect to wait longer than normal for holds to be fulfilled.
- When it’s time to return your books, please use the outdoor book drop or the new indoor drop-boxes, located on the lower level. Staff cannot accept returns from patrons.
- Library late fines were reinstated on June 1, 2021. A one day grace period is allowed on all returned materials. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated to the last open library day.
computers, Copying & Faxing
- No appointment is necessary for computer usage. Your library card number is your sign on id and the last 4 digits are your password.
- Guest use computer passes are available at the upstairs circulation desk for $1.00 per day.
- A quarterly computer use library card is available for $5.00 per quarter.
- Self-service copying, faxing, and printing is available. Printing cost is 25 cents per color page, 15 cents per b/w page. Faxes are $1.00 per page. No library card is required.
- Notary service is not yet available as we await licensing fulfillment.
Programming & Meeting Spaces
- At this time, we do not offer indoor programs.
- We offer a large selection of all-ages virtual programming and outdoor programs.
- No mask is required for outdoor programs.
- Check out our Summer Program Guide HERE.
- The meeting room is closed until further notice.
- At this time, the library does not accept book donations due to storage issues.
- Please do not drop off boxes and bags of books in our lobbies. We do not have space for them.
- Please call the library if you would like suggestions on where to bring your used books.