We are happy to welcome you back to the library. At this time we’re offering limited services to reduce contact and close interactions to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
You asked and we listened. We’re now open on Saturdays!
New Library Hours
(Beginning Saturday, September 12th)
10AM – 7PM: Monday – Thursday
10AM – 6PM: Friday
10AM – 2PM: Saturday
*Please note our new, earlier closing time of 7PM on Monday – Thursday.
What to Expect when You Visit the Library
- Face coverings are required for everyone over the age of two while inside the building.
- We have a limited number of masks available. (Just ask for one!)
- If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, please call the library prior to your visit so we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We have a limited number of seating areas available. Please limit your stay to one hour or less.
- Drinking fountains are unavailable.
- Building occupancy is limited. Staff will monitor capacity.
- Items must be checked out at the main circulation desk on the upper floor.
- Books may be requested from other PrairieCat libraries, but expect to wait longer than normal for holds to be fulfilled.
- When it’s time to return your books, please use the book drop. Staff cannot accept items from patrons.
- All returned materials will be quarantined for 7 days, so don’t be alarmed if they are not checked in right away. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated, so no fines will accrue.
Computers, Printing & Faxing
- Computer usage is limited to one hour a day.
- To use a computer, please register at the circulation desk.
- In order to maintain social distancing, staff is unable to assist with the computers, printing and faxing.
Programming & Meeting Spaces
- In lieu of in-library events, we’re planning a fall of virtual programming, kicking off in September.
- Check out our Fall 2020 Program Guide HERE.
- The meeting room and study room are closed until further notice.