The library will reopen to the public on Monday, January 18th.
We are happy to welcome you back inside the library. At this time we’re offering limited services to reduce contact and close interactions to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
(Beginning Monday, January 18th)
10AM – 7PM: Monday – Thursday
10AM – 6PM: Friday
10AM – 2PM: Saturday
*Please note our new, earlier closing time of 7PM on Monday – Thursday.
What to Expect when You Visit the Library
- Face coverings, worn over your nose and mouth, are required for everyone over the age of two while inside the building.
- We have a limited number of masks available. (Just ask for one!)
- If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, please call the library prior to your visit so we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We have a limited number of seating areas available. Please limit your stay to one hour or less.
- Drinking fountains are unavailable.
- Building occupancy is limited. Staff will monitor capacity.
- Items can be checked out at the main circulation desk on the upper floor or at either of our self-service kiosks.
- We will continue to offer curbside pickup.
- Books may be requested from other PrairieCat libraries, but expect to wait longer than normal for holds to be fulfilled.
- When it’s time to return your books, please use the outdoor book drop or the new indoor drop-boxes, located on the lower level. Staff cannot accept returns from patrons.
- All returned materials will be quarantined for up to 7 days, so don’t be alarmed if they are not checked in right away. When materials are checked in, they will be backdated, so no fines will accrue.
Computers, Copying & Faxing
- Computer usage is limited to one hour a day. No appointment necessary.
- In order to maintain social distancing, staff is unable to assist with computers, printing, and faxing.
- Self-service copying, faxing, and printing is available.
- Notary service is offered by appointment only. Please call the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Programming & Meeting Spaces
- In lieu of in-library events, we offer a large selection of all-ages virtual programming.
- Check out our Winter Program Guide HERE.
- The meeting room and study room are closed until further notice.