The 2020 Summer Challenge has offically ended. Congratulations to everyone who participated, We thank you for your enthusiasm, patience, and flexibility as we explored a virtual summer!
FInal prizes for all challenge finishers are available at the Youth Service desk on the ground floor.
If you took part in Ida’s Summer Challenge, please take a moment to complete our brief survey. We appreciate your feedback!
How to Register
- Visit idareads.readsquared.com or download the READsquared app to start an account.
- Register for Ida’s Summer Challenge. All ages can participate and you don’t need a library card!
- Beginning June 15th, log your reading and complete missions to earn prizes.
- Not able to log online? Request a paper log in the children’s department.
How it Works
- Earn points by reading or completing missions.
- Each minute read equals 1 point earned and each mission is worth 35 points.
- Missions include attending virtual programs, getting active and community involvement.
- Read books, audiobooks, graphic novels, magazines, or online articles. We have no limitations on what “counts” as reading.
- Earn 140 points each week to unlock badges, prizes, raffle entries, and more!
Prizes for All Ages
- Complete the first 3 weeks of the challenge to qualify for a halfway prize. Stop by the youth services desk to claim your prize.
- Children will receive a “Dig Deeper” STEM kit.
- Adults and teens will receive a $2.00 fine forgiveness and a mystery prize.
- Complete all 6 weeks to qualify for the finishers prize. Receive a prize pack of coupons and gift certificates from local businesses. Stop by the youth services desk anytime after August 3rd to claim your prize.
- Each week of the challenge completed earns you an entry into the grand prize raffle. There are prizes for kids (Keva planks, Little Passports subscription, coding robot), teens (gift cards & tech), and adults (gift cards to local restaurants.)
- Grand Prize winners will be contacted by August 3rd.
- If you are using a paper reading log, please return your completed log to the library by Wednesday, July 29th.
Need Help? Have Questions?
Reach out to the Youth Services staff. We’re happy to help you!