Ida’s Summer Challenge 2021
Color your world this summer by participating in the Summer Reading Challenge. We invite kids, adults and teens to read and win! Kids and teens will earn points by reading and completing missions, while adults will complete a reading challenge bingo card. Track your reading online with READsquared or pick up a paper log at the library. Participate as an individual or as a family.
How to Register
- Visit idareads.readsquared.com or download the READsquared app to start an account.
- Register for Ida’s Summer Challenge. All ages can participate and you don’t need a library card!
- Beginning June 7th, log your reading and complete missions to earn prizes.
- Not able to log online? Request a paper log at the circulation desk.
- Mark off the appropriate bingo squares for each book you read.
- Receive a small prize and an entry into our grand prize drawing for every vertical, horizontal, or diagonal bingo completed.
- Blackout the entire board for three additional entries.
- Complete as many bingo cards as you like!
- Three grand prize gift baskets will be awarded at random from all the raffle entries received.
Kids & Teens
- Earn points by reading and completing missions.
- Each minute read equals one point earned and each mission is worth 28 points.
- Missions include attending virtual programs, art activities and participating in community activities.
- Read books, graphic novels, magazines, etc. You can even listen to audiobooks. There are no limitations on what “counts” as reading.
- Earn 140 points each week to unlock badges, prizes, and raffle entries.
- Complete the first 4 weeks of the challenge to qualify for a take-home art kit.
- Complete all 8 weeks to qualify for the finisher’s prize. Receive a prize pack of coupons and gift certificates from local businesses and a ticket to Hurricane Harbor.
- Each week of the challenge completed earns you an entry into the grand prize raffle. Prizes include subscription boxes, gift cards, art supplies and more!
NO LIBRARY CARD NEEDED TO PARTICIPATE IN IDA’S CHALLENGE!
Need Help? Have Questions?
Reach out to the Youth Services staff. We’re happy to help you!