The Library has resumed curbside only services
For the protection of our staff, patrons, and community, the Ida Public Library has returned to curbside only services. With the exception of limited computer access, the building is closed to the public.
The library building will be reopen to the public on Monday, January 18, 2021.
- Curbside pickup of books, movies and other library materials will be available.
- Curbside printing is also available.
- The book drop will remain open.
- Library staff will be available to assist you via phone during regular library business hours.
- Request a custom book bundle.
- Request local history and genealogy assistance.
- Boone County residents may apply for a temporary library card to access digital resources.
- Distance Learner cards are available to any child enrolled in a Boone County PreK-12 school.
- Our enhanced WIFI is available from the parking lot. Access anytime.
- Computer access is available by appointment only.
- Call 815-544-3838 during library business hours to make an appointment.
- Appointments are limited to 60-minutes, 3 times weekly.
- Masks, covering your nose and mouth are required to be worn while you are in the building.
- Patrons under 13 MUST be accompanied and supervised by a parent.
- Library staff is not available to provide computer assistance.
- Computers cannot be used for entertainment purposes at this time.
Please call when you arrive at the library and we will let you into the building.
Please call to cancel your appointment if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results, have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, told to quarantine, or have symptoms yourself.
Monday – Thursday, 10AM – 7PM
Friday, 10AM – 6PM
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Now is a great time to check out our e-resources, which are accessible with your library card. Find streamable movies, books, comics, TV shows, and audio books.
We’re posting virtual programming regularly on Facebook.
Download our new PrairieCat app to search our catalog, access your account information, renew materials, access our e-resources, and view your reading and fine history. Search PrairieCat in the Apple App Store or Google Play to download.