In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s Shelter In Place order,
the Ida Public Library is currently closed.
- Boone County residents may apply for a temporary library card to access digital resources. See this page for details!
- Contactless Checkout is now available. Find all the details HERE.
- The book drop will remain open while the library is closed.
- No fines will accrue during the closure.
- Due dates for all items have been changed to June 26th.
We will also be moving the date of holds expiring on the hold shelf out to July 12th.
Library card expirations will be moved out to July 1st.
- We cannot accept book donations at this time.
Library staff is available on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays to assist you. Please call 815.544.3838 between 10:00AM and 4:00 PM.
Resources available during our closure
Now is a great time to check out our e-resources, which are accessible with your library card. Find streamable movies, books, comics, TV shows, and audio books.
We’re posting virtual programming daily on Facebook.
Hoopla Digital has curated the hoopla Bonus Borrows Collection. This list of more than 1,000 top titles is FREE to Ida library card holders. You will be debited ZERO borrows when you borrow any of the included titles! So even if you have used your monthly quota, you’ll still be able to access this special collection. The collection will be free to through 5/30/20. Search “Bonus Borrows” on hoopla to view the entire collection.
Join our virtual Bring Your Own Book Club on Goodreads.