- Wireless and Remote Printing – Print from your home and pick up at library or print from our wireless network at the library
- Online Catalog Searchable Database Search the Ida Public Library bookshelves, as well as other area libraries.
- Reference Services
- Phone renewal
- Story Hours
- Summer reading programs for children and young adults
- Local History and Genealogy Room
- Public Access Computers
- Word processing computers
- Meeting room facilities (Reservations required)
- Tax forms for copying
- Monthly loans to nursing homes and senior citizens residencies
- Interlibrary loan
- Literacy/Tutoring programs
- Book Cart (Used books for sale by the Friends of the Ida Public Library)
Interlibrary Loan Program Information
Materials not available at Ida Public Library may be requested from another library.
If the item is available in the Northern Illinois Catalog (NIC), please place the hold online or call us at 815-544-3838 to assist you.
If it isn’t, you may place your request online here, or call us for assistance. If you’re in the library, forms are available at the upstairs desk.
Literacy / Tutoring Program Information
A Literacy Council coordinator from Rockford Area Literacy Council is at Ida Public Library 2 days per week. She matches trained tutors with adult students for FREE one-on-one tutoring, including English-as-a-Second-Language tutoring.
Project Read is a collection of easy-to-read materials for adults who are learning to read.
Training sessions for tutors are held periodically at the library.